SOUTH COAST PLAZA EMAILER SWEEPSTAKES
Sweepstakes has ended.
Congratulations to the winners:
$1,000 Gift Card Winner
$500 Gift Card Winner
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (“Sponsor”). South Coast Plaza® is a registered trademark of South Coast Plaza.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to natural persons who are legal residents of the U.S., 18 years of age or older as of the opening of the Entry Period, and have read and accepted these Official Rules. Entrants must have a valid email signed up for South Coast Plaza email newsletters at the start of the Entry Period described below. Employees and stylists of Sponsor and their immediate family members (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or spouse), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time and ends Monday, December 5, 2022 at 11:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (the “Entry Period”). All times determined by Sponsor’s clock.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and accepted these Official Rules may enter by taking these steps:
- Upon receiving the South Coast Plaza Emailer, entrants must cast one vote for Food, Fashion or Events
- Person casting the vote must be the named email recipient. Sweepstakes offer is available only to the named email recipient and is not transferable.
- Only one (1) entry per person and per email address will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons who respond more than once.
- All entries must be received prior to the end of the Entry Period described above.
- Casting your vote for Food, Fashion or Events on the emailer is your entry.
Two (2) winners will be notified via email between 9:00am – 11:00am PST on Tuesday, December 6, 2022
6. ENTRY CONTENT LIMITATIONS: Entries may not contain, and Sponsor may remove or disqualify in its sole discretion at any time, any entry containing content it deems inappropriate or unsuitable, including without limitation any offensive, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, illegal, tortious, defamatory, violent, threatening or harassing content. Entries must be suitable for public viewing by all ages and in keeping with Sponsor’s image. Entries must not contain viruses or any other computer code that may damage or interfere with any computer or system, or intercept or collect any data. Entries may not contain content for which you were or expect to be compensated or granted any benefits by any other person or entity. Sponsor may disqualify or remove entries at any time in its sole discretion.
7. PRIZES: One (1) First Prize consisting of one (1) $1,000 South Coast Plaza Gift Card (ARV $1,000); and one (1) Second Prize consisting of one (1) $500 South Coast Plaza Gift Card (ARV $500). Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes is $1,500.
Any taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner responsible for all taxes and duties on prize and will provide taxpayer information to Sponsor upon request. Winner is not permitted to substitute, return or exchange prize for any reason. Prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. This Sweepstakes and your participation are subject to all federal, state and local laws. Sponsor reserves the right to make substitutions as necessary of equivalent or greater value. Winner must claim prize in person at South Coast Plaza Guest Services, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, on or before 6:00 p.m. PST on December 14, 2022. Winner must present identification.
8. WINNER SELECTION: Two (2) winners will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on December 6, 2022. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential winners will be notified via the same email address that the entrant responded to as part of this Sweepstakes within 2 hours of the drawing. The potential winner must respond to the email within 2 hours of receipt and may be required to verify his/her name, age, email address, mailing address, postal address and eligibility. The potential winner may be required to return a declaration of eligibility/liability/publicity release which, unless otherwise prohibited by law, must be returned within 2 hours. If the potential winner does not respond in time, is ineligible, or does not comply with these Official Rules for any reason, or prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified and forfeits any prize, and an alternate potential winner will be selected in the same manner.
11. USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), without further consideration, the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, and biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media and formats, whether now known or later developed, for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and promotion), without further notification, permission or compensation except as prohibited by law.
12. RELEASE: By participating in Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor Entities have no liability or responsibility and are hereby released from any liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from Sweepstakes or any prize; and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor Entities and Instagram against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with Sweepstakes or any prize. By accepting prize, winner agrees, where lawful, that Sponsor Entities may use winner’s entry name for publication, advertising and promotional purposes without additional notification, permission or consideration. Each entrant expressly waives California Civil Code § 1542, or any other statute of similar import or effect, that otherwise may exclude unknown claims from this release, as follows:
I acknowledge that I am familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” I, being aware of said code section, hereby expressly waive any rights I may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
13. ADMINISTRATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify Sweepstakes. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any computer or human error which compromises the administration of Sweepstakes. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any malfunctions of any telephone network, online website or service, computer equipment or software, inability to access any website or service, or any other error or malfunction, or any late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries. If Sponsor believes there is any suspected or actual tampering with Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties impact the integrity of Sweepstakes, Sponsor may void the entries at issue and/or cancel Sweepstakes and/or modify Sweepstakes to award the prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action.
14. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES. All issues concerning the Official Rules, Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor Entities in connection with Sweepstakes, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any dispute with Sponsor Entities arising out of or relating to Sweepstakes or the prizes will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class-wide basis. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in Orange County, California. Each entrant hereby waives any right to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages, or attorneys’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above terms may not apply.
15. WINNERS LIST; OFFICIAL RULES: For a winners’ list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to South Coast Plaza Management Office, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, Attention: South Coast Plaza Emailer Sweepstakes. During the Entry Period, these Official Rules will be posted at www.southcoastplaza.com/cast-your-vote/terms. Winners names will also be posted at the same website. Winners’ list will be available on or about December 6, 2022.