The stock lead plays a critical role in the store’s operational excellence. The stock lead is responsible for maintaining inventory levels in the stock area and on the selling floor and for verifying and filing all supporting paperwork. The stock lead will also partner with management to help reduce shortages and assist with all aspects of loss prevention.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Maintain neat and organized stock areas. Separate stock by style, color, and size. Keep merchandise and non-merchandise areas separated.
• Assist sales associates with merchandise checks. Develop a strong knowledge of Lacoste products to help locate items for customers.
• Receive and process shipments from the warehouse, transfers, and customer returns.
• Ensure accurate check-in of merchandise by style, color, and size.
• Verify each shipment against the shipping invoice and notify management of discrepancies. Complete and file relevant documentation promptly.
• Ship customer sends and transfers utilizing the UPS on-line system.
• Assist with the markdown of back-stock items.
• Assist selling floor team with maintenance, recovery, and replenishment of stock.
• Assist management with transfers utilizing PGI system. Develop a full understanding of stores computer systems to perform other functions as needed.
• Protect store assets and inventory through an awareness of loss prevention procedures. Report violations to the supervisor. Notify management of suspicious activity in stock areas, on the selling floor, or by cleaning and guard services.
• Monitor inventory of key items and notify manager when stock levels are low.
• Notify manager of low levels of shipping, selling, cleaning, and other office supplies.
• Assist with store maintenance and housekeeping requirements including flattening and binding cardboard for nightly pick-up.
• Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
• Prior experience in a retail environment a plus.
• Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 pounds when unloading shipment, merchandising sales floor, and using ladders or stairs.
• Must be able to develop a system that will enable you to gather and retrieve information and merchandise quickly.
• Able to ensure accuracy of each item in a shipment against the supporting documentation.
• Good communication skills required.
• Individual must be a team player, outgoing, well-organized, and able to prioritize assigned tasks.
• Able to perform a wide variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
• Must be able to overcome obstacles and deal with customers in a fast-paced, high-volume and competitive environment.
Core Values and Traits:
• Providing answers to questions
• Propose solutions
• Integrating our role as a global economic player
• Succeeding together
• Working together
• Sharing information
• Trusting each other
• Respecting our people
• Caring for customers
• Different points of view
• Concerned by others
• Taking risks
• Being creative & innovative
• Following the less taken path
• Creating value
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. They can be changed orally or in writing at any time by the discretion of management. We as Lacoste associates must always ensure that all functions of our position are represented with our core values being: Accountable, Collaborative, Caring, Audacious.
Pay Rate: 15-16.50
Content and accuracy of each job posting is solely the responsibility of the employer. South Coast Plaza has no responsibility whatsoever related to information provided in individual postings by other employers.