For over 53 years SCP has been deeply committed to our retailers, community and customers. That commitment is stronger than ever as we work to reopen South Coast Plaza in what has become the new normal. We know you are as eager as we are to get back to business, and our plan is to fully open June 1 (assuming we are allowed to open by the Governor of California).
South Coast Plaza will continue to provide a best-in-class experience. The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our exacting standards to an even higher level. The Shopping Center has never been cleaner or more focused on the health and safety of our retailers, store teams, customers and employees.
Beginning May 15, South Coast Plaza will offer curbside pickup as a new service that allows for contactless transaction at our color-designated pickup lots. Hours will be 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week, but retailers that decide to offer this service to their customers may set their own schedule within that time frame. We think this will be a service that customers will expect even after the Center is open to the public, and we will be prepared to offer curbside pickup as an ongoing program.
- Five color-designated pickup parking areas will be established for easy way-finding. These areas will be used for our boutiques (department stores have their own areas). Our five colored areas are shown on the attached site map. Also attached please find the curbside pickup outdoor signage for reference. Restaurants are also welcome to use these areas as well, or to continue with the pickup arrangements they are already using. Parking spaces in the pickup areas will be clearly numbered.
- When your customer places an order with you, let them know which color lot to use (the choice is yours – select the lot most convenient for you). You may want to refer them to the site map and pickup instructions on our website.
- Once on the property, your customers will be directed to the correct parking lot by colored way-finding with matching signs and pavement paint. After parking, your customer will call your boutique to confirm their lot color and parking space number. Customers will pop their trunks and stay in their cars. Boutique employees will deliver packages to the car trunks.
- South Coast Plaza team members will be on-site for assistance.
- South Coast Plaza will soon launch a curbside pickup marketing campaign. Our website will list retailers offering the service.
Opening Date with Reduced Hours
We plan to reopen the Center to the public on June 1 (if allowed by the California stay-at-home orders). We will open with shorter hours, which will give our retailers flexibility in personnel scheduling and time to institute deeper cleaning protocols. The initial hours will be 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and noon to 7 p.m. on Sunday. It is our goal to return to normal hours as soon as possible. We will be monitoring traffic counts and customer shopping behaviors to help us know when extended hours are warranted. We will provide ample notice of adjustments in Center hours.
The hours of 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Mondays and Saturdays will be the hours we would like the public to honor as reserved for vulnerable populations, including seniors and those medically compromised.
An extensive signage package will be installed throughout the Center to establish many of the health safety protocols discussed in this reopening plan.