“NOW OR NEVER” ART INSTALLATION
WHAT: Interactive art piece by Dutch-American sculptor and painter Lara Schnitger
WHERE: Saks Fifth Avenue Wing, Level 1, South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA
WHEN: On display from now – January 20201
Filming and photography opportunities are available.
CONTACT: Debra Gunn Downing, email@example.com or 714.435.2021
- Interactive art piece made of two-sided sequin fabric of various colors laid over wooden panels
- Portions of the piece may be interacted with by visitors who wish to leave their mark and other portions are frozen and cannot be erased (the wolf and Greta Thunberg)
- The art piece’s text and images deal with the concepts of global warming and female empowerment
- “Now or Never” is Schnitger’s first piece of art to be displayed in Orange County
- 78-feet wide by 12-feet tall
- Will be on display until January 2021
Lara Schnitger was born in 1969 in Haarlem, Netherlands. She attended the Royal Academy of Art (The Hague) from 1987-1991 and completed a residency at the Kitakyushu Centre for Contemporary Art in Japan. Schnitger’s work has been shown internationally at galleries and museums including Magasin 3 in Stockholm, the Chinese European Art Center in Xiamen, the Santa Monica Museum of Art, Kunstwerke in Berlin, the UCLA Hammer Museum in Los Angeles, P.S. 1 Contemporary Art Center in New York, The Power Plant in Toronto and the Royal Academy in London. She participated in the Liverpool Biennial in 1999 and the Shanghai Biennial in 2002. Schnitger now lives and works in Los Angeles and Amsterdam.
ABOUT SOUTH COAST PLAZA
Renowned as a leading international shopping destination, South Coast Plaza is home to more than 250 prominent boutiques, critically-acclaimed restaurants and the adjacent celebrated Segerstrom Center for the Arts and the Orange County Museum of Art. It is the West Coast’s premier shopping experience, with its proximity to beaches and John Wayne Airport, customized concierge services, and unparalleled collection of diverse retailers — from Gucci, Hermès, Cartier and Harry Winston to Saint Laurent, The Webster, Dior, Alexander McQueen, Givenchy and more. South Coast Plaza is located in Orange County, California, in the city of Costa Mesa. Information: southcoastplaza.com or 800.782.8888.