Congratulations to the winners of South Coast Plaza’s Essential Healthcare Worker Instagram Contest Instagram:
Name: Erika Belalcazar
IG Handle: @erikaloove
Name: Diego Belalcazar
IG Handle: @mee_uu_and_uss
SOUTH COAST PLAZA’S
Essential Healthcare Worker Contest
Official Rules 2020
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (“Sponsor”). Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. South Coast Plaza® is a registered trademark of South Coast Plaza.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to natural persons who are legal residents of the U.S. (except New York and Florida), 18 years of age or older as of the opening of the Entry Period, who have read and accepted these Official Rules. Residents of New York and Florida are not eligible. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate family members (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or spouse), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins Sunday, December 20 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time and ends Monday, December 21 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (the “Entry Period”). All times determined by Sponsor’s clock.
- HOW TO ENTER: Persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and accepted these Official Rules may enter by taking these steps: To enter: 1) Follow @southcoastplaza on Instagram; 2) Like this post and tag someone in the comments who meets the eligibility requirements for Sweepstakes set forth above AND is an Essential Healthcare Worker letting us know their current essential role in our community (NO limit on entries, the more times you TAG the more entries you get).
NOTE: Prize is contingent on (A) your tagged Essential Healthcare Worker’s eligibility and agreement to participate in Sweepstakes as an entrant in full and unconditional agreement with these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, and (B) verification of your tagged Essential Healthcare Worker’s current employment as an essential healthcare worker.
Your comment(s) with a tag(s) is your entry + you must be following @southcoastplaza on Instagram.
One (1) set of two (2) winners will be announced in the caption on Tuesday December 22, 2020 after conclusion of the Entry Period.
If you do not have an Instagram account, visit https://www.instagram.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Instagram account. Instagram terms and conditions will apply, see https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/.
- ENTRY CONTENT LIMITATIONS: Entries may not contain, and Sponsor may remove or disqualify in its sole discretion at any time, any entry containing content it deems inappropriate or unsuitable, including without limitation any offensive, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, illegal, tortious, defamatory, violent, threatening or harassing content. Entries must be suitable for public viewing by all ages and in keeping with Sponsor’s image. Entries must not contain viruses or any other computer code that may damage or interfere with any computer or system, or intercept or collect any data. Entries may not contain content for which you were or expect to be compensated or granted any benefits by any other person or entity. Sponsor may disqualify or remove entries at any time in its sole discretion.
- PRIZE: One (1) prize consisting of: one (1) $500 South Coast Plaza Gift Card for the person who enters the winning comment; and one (1) $500 South Coast Plaza Gift Card for the verified Essential Healthcare Worker tagged in the winning comment. The total retail value of the prize is $1,000.
Any taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners are not permitted to substitute, return or exchange the prize for any reason. Prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to make substitutions as necessary of equivalent or greater value.
Both winners (together or individually) must claim their $500 gift card in person at the Management Offices of South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, on or before 3:00 p.m. PST on December 30, 2020. Winners will be required to present U.S. identification. Covid-19 protocols are in place at South Coast Plaza and winners must comply with same while at South Coast Plaza.
- WINNER SELECTION: One (1) potential comment will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about December 21, 2020. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Prize is contingent on (A) eligibility and agreement by Essential Healthcare Worker tagged in winning comment to participate in Sweepstakes as an entrant in full and unconditional agreement with these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, and (B) verification of such tagged Essential Healthcare Worker’s current employment as an essential healthcare worker.
- WINNERS’ NOTIFICATION. Both winners will be notified by direct message or a comment in the original Instagram post, as applicable, within 2 hours of the drawing. Both potential winners must respond to the Instagram Direct Message or comment within 2 hours of receipt, and may be required to verify his/her name, age, email address, mailing address, postal address and eligibility. Both potential winners may be required to return a declaration of eligibility/liability/publicity release which, unless otherwise prohibited by law, must be returned within 2 hours. If either of the potential winners does not respond in time, is ineligible, or does not comply with these Official Rules for any reason, or either prize notification is returned as undeliverable, both potential winners may be disqualified and forfeit any prize, and alternate potential winners will be selected in the same manner.
- USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents and successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), without further consideration, the perpetual, worldwide, fully-paid, irrevocable, right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works based upon, and promote, the entry and Instagram handle, in Instagram or any other media, whether known or hereinafter discovered, for any use whatsoever, free of any claim. Entrants waive any right to inspect or approve such uses. Sponsor is under no obligation to post or use any entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original to entrant, does not include the trade secrets or confidential information of others, and does not infringe the rights of others. Entrant is solely responsible for his/her entry.
- RELEASE: By participating in Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor Entities and Instagram have no liability or responsibility and are hereby released from any liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from Sweepstakes or any prize; and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor Entities and Instagram against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with Sweepstakes or any prize. By accepting prize, winner agrees, where lawful, that Sponsor Entities may use winner’s entry and Instagram handle for publication, advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Each entrant expressly waives California Civil Code § 1542, or any other statute of similar import or effect, that otherwise may exclude unknown claims from this release, as follows:
- I acknowledge that I am familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” I, being aware of said code section, hereby expressly waive any rights I may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
- ADMINISTRATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer or human error which compromises the administration of Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any malfunctions of any telephone network, online website or service, computer equipment or software, inability to access any website or service, or any other error or malfunction, or any late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries. If Sponsor believes there is any suspected or actual tampering with Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties impact the integrity of Sweepstakes, Sponsor may void the entries at issue and/or cancel Sweepstakes and/or modify Sweepstakes to award the prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action.
- GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES. All issues concerning the Official Rules, Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with Sweepstakes, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any dispute with Sponsor arising out of or relating to Sweepstakes or the prizes will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class-wide basis. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in Orange County, California. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant hereby waives any right to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages, or attorneys’ fees.
- WINNER LIST; OFFICIAL RULES: For a winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to South Coast Plaza Management Office, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, Attention: South Coast Plaza Instagram Sweepstakes. During the Entry Period, these Official Rules will be posted at southcoastplaza.com/instagram-essential-healthcare-worker-contest-rules/. Winners’ handles will also be posted at the same website. Winners’ names will be available on or about December 22, 2020.