Five Ways to Give with Style on International Women’s Day
This year, International Women’s Day (IWD) is more relevant than ever. What began 107 years ago in Europe to shine the spotlight on women’s rights continues to be a global call to action about gender parity and the empowerment of women and girls. To mark the occasion, some of our boutiques will host in-store events on Thursday, March 8, benefiting a number of women’s causes.
1. Versace is collaborating with Gurls Talk, an online platform founded by Adwoa Abodah dedicated to helping young women find their voices. Customers will receive 10 percent off on any purchase made at the boutique on March 8 with a percentage of proceeds being donated to Gurls Talk.
2. UGG continues to participate in the HerProject initiative, which has been focusing on women’s health education in an UGG partner factory. UGG will donate 5 percent of sales March 8-11 to HerProject.
3. Diane Von Furstenberg’s store will have music, light bites and drinks where women can shop and connect with one another. DVF x IWD items such as the #incharge t-shirts and beanie will be available for purchase. Twenty percent of proceeds from the sales of full-priced products will benefit VW Grow, a global accelerator program for women entrepreneurs led by Vital Voices. Customers may also enter to win Diane’s biography, The Woman I Wanted to Be, with any purchase of a full-priced item.
Shopping to benefit women won’t stop after International Women’s Day. Items from kate spade new york’s On Purpose and Tory Burch’s Embrace Ambition collections, which are especially on point on March 8, benefit women year-round.
4. kate spade new york’s On Purpose collection of studded totes, crossbody bags, clutches and wristlets are made by 150 women in Masoro, Rwanda. The goal: to give these women economic stability and transform their community of approximately 20,000 people. Two percent of proceeds benefit the cause.
5. The Tory Burch boutique will feature a beautiful Embrace Ambition installation with a photo booth, The complete Embrace Ambition bracelet collection is available, with all proceeds benefiting the Tory Burch Foundation’s efforts to support women entrepreneurs by providing them with access to educational programs, networking and mentoring opportunities and digital and financial resources.