Porsche Design and Huawei bring Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate 10 — the ultimate in luxury and functional design — to the United States
Technologically powerful new device, driven by artificial intelligence, will soon be available to US consumers
Stuttgart. Porsche Design extends its prestigious partnership with technology innovator Huawei to introduce the anticipated Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 in the Unites States on the heels of a successful European rollout in late 2017.
The Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 offers the ultimate in premium design. As the most exclusive of all devices across the Mate10 series, it combines Porsche Design’s aesthetic craft with Huawei’s mobile engineering expertise. Its unique front and back cover design, entirely encased in elegant, yet robust glass, comes in an exclusive Diamond Black color. In addition to its distinctive look, equipped with a unique Porsche Design leather case — engineered specifically for the device, the Mate10 offers a user interface specially developed by Porsche Design, available in two versions. The sleek, beautiful finish makes it a perfect choice for the design and tech-savvy customer alike.
According to research published in July 2016¹, the typical mobile phone user touches their phone 2,617 times daily. As such, both brands share a strong commitment to bringing exceptional design, innovative craftsmanship and cutting- edge technology to a device serving such a fundamental role in our everyday lives.
The collaboration delivers highly discerning customers an unrivalled experience with revolutionary speed, extensive battery life, and functional design cues.
The Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 goes beyond smart, using the transformative power of artificial intelligence (AI) to herald the dawn of an exciting new era for mobile phones. With built-in AI, the Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 is an intelligent device. As well as ultimate functional design, it delivers superior performance at lightning speed, responding to real-world situations and learning from the user, allowing them to perform at their ultimate. This includes a camera, which features the best lenses, self-adjustment, intelligent feedback, and AI enabled photo applications, to deliver unparalleled photography for users of all levels. Furthermore, with a combination of 6GB RAM and 256GB ROM, it is the top-end device in Huawei’s current product range, and features the largest memory cortex of the whole HUAWEI Mate10 series — ideal for vastly storing easily accessible photos, videos, and documents.
Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 key features include:
- A truly unique design, which exudes luxury and style, thanks to Porsche Design’s signature brand aesthetic. The premium look and feel appeals to a more discerning customer, for whom style, as well as substance, is front of mind, and who expects the very best money can buy.
- An industry leading 4000mAh battery and smart battery management system, combined with Huawei’s SuperCharge technology, makes it ideal for those who use their phone constantly and are always travelling or on the go.
- HUAWEI FullView Display means users do not have to compromise on the delivery of the premium quality films and photography created by the device’s intelligent technology. A stunning new 6-inch screen with 18:9 aspect ratio and barely-there-bezels make for an intensely vivid viewing experience.
- 3D strengthened glass, curved edges, large almost borderless FullView 7- layer display and smudge-proof finish result in a beautiful and ergonomic object that is strong enough to withstand daily wear and tear. These features make the Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 ideal for the design conscious user, to whom aesthetics are as important as performance.
- Easy Talk technology means even the faintest whisper spoken into the Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 will be heard clearly at the other end. AI technology will enhance and boost low volume calls, while noisy calls are transformed into high quality conversations with AI-advanced ambient noise cancellation.
- The pre-installed real-time AI accelerated translator instantly translates text, voice, conversations, and images into 50+ languages across devices. A fingerprint sensor is hidden discreetly on the back of the device for security and ease of use.
Co-engineered with renowned professional camera makers Leica, the Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 guarantees professional grade photographs without the effort. Top quality 12-megapixel RGB and 20-megapixel monochrome dual F1.6 aperture lenses in the new Leica Dual Camera, along with Huawei’s AI features, deliver state-of-the-art photography.
Powered by AI technology, the camera takes image recognition to a new level, identifying different scenes in real time – such as plant, snow, beach, and portrait. It automatically adjusts the color, contrast, brightness and exposure to produce vibrant, sharp, perfectly framed pictures. It delivers the best bokeh effect in the industry by shifting the focal point onto the subject of the photograph for picture- perfect portraits and selfies, and is even capable of capturing clear and sharp pictures of objects in motion.
“With Huawei we have a passionate and world-wide respected partner that shares our goals and values, which built the foundation for the creation of the new Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10. We are delighted to continue the successful partnership with Huawei and bring an outstanding smartphone to the market that meets the expectations of our demanding and tech-savvy customers,” said Jan Becker, CEO Porsche Design Group.
“Our partnership with Porsche Design reflects both brands’ philosophy that superior design is just as important as performance, and with the Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 we are proud to have achieved both,” said Richard Yu, CEO, HUAWEI Consumer Business Group. “A device that is such a huge part of our day-to-day life that we rely on so heavily, must look and feel absolutely premium, whilst also making our lives easier.”
The Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 delivers beautiful design and takes the smartphone to a new level of intelligence. The device processes information faster than ever before, thinking quickly and intelligently, and learning your habits to become an extension of who you are; faster, more reliable and longer lasting, it helps you perform at your ultimate. It is no longer a smartphone, it’s an intelligent machine.
Notes:¹ Research conducted by Dscout: http://uk.businessinsider.com/dscout-research-people-touch-cell-phones-2617-times-a-day-2016-7
– – – END – – –
Pricing and availability:
Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate10 retails for $1,225 and will be available in Porsche Design Stores, and online at www.porsche-design.us, at the end of February 2018.
About Porsche Design:
Porsche Design is an exclusive lifestyle brand founded in 1972 by Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche. His mission was to build a company that takes the principles and spirit of Porsche beyond the automotive world. All Porsche Design products stand for precision and perfection, smart functions, refined functional design and boast an impressive level of technological innovation. Created and designed by the legendary Studio F. A. Porsche in Austria and brought to life by carefully-selected manufacturers. Porsche Design products are sold worldwide in over 130 Porsche Design stores, high-end department stores, exclusive specialist retailers and the official online store (www.porsche-design.com).
For additional information, please visit www.porsche-design.com
For regular updates on Porsche Design, follow us on:
Consumer Business Group
HUAWEI’s products and services are available in more than 170 countries and are used by a third of the world’s population, ranking third in the world in mobile phone shipments in 2014. Sixteen R&D centers have been set up in the United States, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India, and China. HUAWEI Consumer Business Group is one of HUAWEI’s three business units and covers smartphones, mobile broadband devices, home devices and cloud services. HUAWEI’s global network is built on 20 years of expertise in the telecom industry and is dedicated to delivering the latest technological advances to consumers around the world.
For additional information, please visit: http://consumer.HUAWEI.com
For regular updates on Huawei Consumer BG, follow us on:
Porsche Design of America
Head of PR
Huawei Consumer Business Group
+44 (0) 207 413 3000