December 5–December 10: 10am–9pm
December 11: 10am–8pm
December 12–December 16: 10am–9pm
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PRIZES AWARDED BASED ON SKILL. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY.
The Pin the Halls at South Coast Plaza Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by South Coast Plaza (“Sponsor”).
1) Eligibility: Contest open to natural persons who are legal residents of the U.S. 18 years of age or older as of the opening of the Entry Period who have read and accepted these Official Rules. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate family members (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or spouse), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2) Entry Period: Contest begins Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 12:01 am Pacific Time and ends Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at midnight Pacific Time (“Entry Period”). All times determined by Sponsor’s clock.
3) How to Enter: Persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and accepted these Official Rules may enter by taking these four steps: (i) Follow South Coast Plaza at www.pinterest.com/southcoastplaza. If you do not have a Pinterest account, you may open one at no charge at www.pinterest.com. Entrants are solely responsible for all uses of their account. (ii) Create your own original “Pin the Halls: South Coast Plaza” holiday board on Pinterest, by pinning a minimum of ten (10) irresistible images on your board, including images from South Coast Plaza and its boutiques. Feel free to show everything from your favorite designers to gift-giving ideas, holiday lusts and musts and more. Don’t forget to get creative with captions. (iii) Tag your board @SouthCoastPlaza. (iv) Lastly, enter your board by commenting on the official “Pin the Halls” pin on South Coast Plaza’s Pinterest page, www.pinterest.com/southcoastplaza, with a link to your entry which will be publicly available. Limit one (1) entry per person. Automated entries and entries by commercial subscription or entering services sites are ineligible. Entrants are responsible for any charges by online service providers or wireless carriers. Each entrant may enter using only one (1) account. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder at time of entry. Should more than one (1) entry per person be received, Sponsor may void all such entries. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete or scrambled entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4) Entry Content Limitations: Entries may not contain, and Sponsor may remove or disqualify in its sole discretion at any time, any entry containing content it deems inappropriate or unsuitable, including without limitation any offensive, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, illegal, tortious, defamatory, violent, threatening or harassing content. Entries must be suitable for public viewing by all ages and in keeping with Sponsor’s image. Entries must not contain viruses or any other computer code that may damage or interfere with any computer or system, or intercept or collect any data. Entries may not contain content for which you were or expect to be compensated or granted any benefits by any other person or entity.
5) Judging Criteria: All eligible entries will be judged by a panel of three (3) qualified judges, appointed by Sponsor, who work in marketing and public relations for Sponsor and are qualified to assess creativity and originality. Judges will select winners based on creativity of the images (50%) and originality of the captions (50%) in the entries. No information regarding judging of entries will be disclosed. Selection of winning entries shall be solely in the discretion of the judges.
6) Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: $500 South Coast Plaza gift certificate. Three (3) First Prizes: $150 South Coast Plaza gift certificate, one (1) for each of three (3) First Prizes. The total ARV of all prizes is $950. Information about use of South Coast Plaza gift certificates is at http://www.southcoastplaza.com/plaza-services/#certificates. South Coast Plaza gift certificates have no expiration date and no fees, are non-transferable and may not be combined with any other offers or promotions; must be presented in person to be honored; and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. All gift certificates and their uses are “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state and local taxes are the winner’s responsibility.
7) Selection of Winners: Promptly after the end of the Entry Period, the judges will score all eligible entries based on the judging criteria. The highest scored entry will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. After selection of the Grand Prize winner, the next highest scored entries will be eligible to win the First Prizes. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person. In case of a tie, the entry with the higher score for creativity will be selected.
8) Notification of Winners: Potential winners will be contacted by South Coast Plaza via Pinterest private message on December 25, 2014. Potential winners must respond to South Coast Plaza within 48 hours. All potential winners are subject to Sponsor’s verification of eligibility and may be asked to provide a mailing address or email address for prize delivery. If a potential winner does not respond within 48 hours or is deemed ineligible or unable to accept a prize for any reason, a new potential winner will be selected following the procedures outlined above.
10) Use of Entries: By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Sponsor Entities, without further consideration, the perpetual, worldwide, fully-paid, irrevocable, right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works based upon, and promote any aspect of the entry, in Pinterest or any other media, whether known or hereinafter discovered, for any use whatsoever, free of any claim. Entrants waive any right to inspect or approve such uses. Sponsor is under no obligation to post or use any entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is entrant’s original work, does not include the trade secret or confidential information of others, and that he/she has the right to use and license use of all contents of entry as described herein. Entrant is solely responsible for any objection to use of any image, caption or words on his/her entry.
11) Release: By participating in Contest, entrants agree that Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents and successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) have no liability or responsibility and are hereby released from any liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from Contest or any prize; and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor Entities against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with Contest or any prize. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees, where lawful, that Sponsor Entities may use winner’s Pinterest board and handle for publication, advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Each entrant expressly waives California Civil Code § 1542, or any other statute of similar import or effect, that otherwise may exclude unknown claims from this release, as follows:
I acknowledge that I am familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” I, being aware of said code section, hereby expressly waive any rights I may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
12) Administration: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer or human error which compromises the administration of Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any malfunctions of any telephone network, online website or service, computer equipment or software, inability to access any website or service, or any other error or malfunction, or any late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries. If Sponsor believes there is any suspected or actual tampering with Contest or if technical difficulties impact the integrity of Contest, Sponsor may void the entries at issue and/or terminate or modify Contest to award any prizes using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action.
13) Governing Law; Disputes. All issues concerning the Official Rules, Contest, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with Contest, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any dispute with Sponsor arising out of or relating to Contest or the prizes will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class-wide basis. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in Orange County, California. Each entrant hereby waives any right to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages, or attorneys’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above terms may not apply.
14) List of Winners; Official Rules: For a list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self addressed stamped envelope with your request to South Coast Plaza, 3315 Fairview Road Costa Mesa CA 92626, Attention: Pin the Halls at South Coast Plaza Contest. Winners’ boards and handles will be posted at www.pinterest.com/southcoastplaza. List of winners will be available by January 20, 2015.
15) Contest is sponsored by South Coast Plaza, 3315 Fairview Road Costa Mesa CA 92626. Pinterest is not a sponsor and does not endorse or administer Contest. South Coast Plaza® is a registered trademark of South Coast Plaza.